April 2016, in conjunction with Lady Elliot Island Eco Resort
Whether you love photography as a beginner or an experienced enthusiast, Foto Frenzy on Lady Elliot Island is an event that will help you take your photography to the next level.
You may love capturing images on the land, under the sea, or both– no matter your interests, Foto Frenzy on Lady Elliot Island will help you get the most out of every opportunity, by helping you expand your knowledge, refine your technique and draw on your love of nature to help improve the photographs you take.
Based on the concept of “Capture to Print”, the 6 days of shooting opportunities, review sessions, group presentations and break-outs will culminate in a print exhibition of participant’s work on the final night. Prizes will be awarded in various categories including underwater wildlife; underwater wide angle; underwater macro; landscape; terrestrial wildlife and; abstractions.
Canon Master underwater and wildlife photographer Darren Jew will be your host, joined again this year by special guest ocean landscape photographer Sean Scott. Both photographers will be on hand to help guide your photography at the moments of capture and to help you identify areas of improvement through review and discussion.
Experienced tutors will also be available to help with all your questions, and to provide assistance with shooting, image processing and printing your images.
Exotic equipment will be on hand, with Canon Australia providing a range of cameras and lenses for you to try out in the field, plus printers to create the exhibition prints.
SCUBA divers will join Darren for special photography-focussed dives on Lady Elliot’s world-renowned sites. Snorkelers can join in the action closer to the surface with friendly turtles in the lagoon or off the western side with the mantas that are prolific this time of year. Land-loving shooters can capture the amazing changing colours of the island and the lagoon throughout the day and learn wildlife photography techniques first-hand. Early and late island light will be captured on dawn and dusk photo-walks – either at your own pace or you can join our expert photographers to glean tips on improving your landscapes.
So immerse yourself in photography on the Great Barrier Reef – join us for a Foto Frenzy on Lady Elliot Island.
• 6 nights Accommodation in an Eco Cabin (Shared bathroom facilities)
• Return Scenic Flight ex Hervey Bay or Bundaberg
• Full Buffet Breakfast and Dinner daily
• Free use of Snorkel Equipment & Wetsuit
• Range of free Island Activities/Tours
• Environmental management charge
PLUS all Workshop Activities are also included:
• Presentations by leading photographers
• Review Sessions
• Photo Walks
• Supervised image editing and processing time
• Printing sessions sponsored by Canon
• Access to loan/demo equipment courtesy Canon
• Photo Competition – Major Prizes to be won
• Photo Exhibition
• Flights Ex Hervey Bay or Bundaberg (Share accommodation)
• Eco Cabin TBC per person / quad share
• Garden Unit TBC per person / twin/triple share
• Reef Unit TBC per person / twin triple share
See accommodation styles here
Certified divers– 2 Boat Dive package (includes equipment; BCD, wetsuit, reg, fins & dive boots) TBC
Non-certified divers– Discover SCUBA Dive (includes equipment) also available, please enquire.
• Minimum 6 nights stay
• Subject to availability
• Offer valid for new reservations only
• Cannot be combined with other packages or specials
• Valid for direct bookings ONLY
• Diving option to be advised to our reservations team at time of booking
• Sole rates available
• Cancellation conditions apply
• If additional kg are required please contact our reservations department.
• All activities are subject to weather and tide conditions
• Travel insurance is strongly recommended
• Specific wildlife sightings can not be guaranteed
Email: [email protected]